Four distinctly different areas, one fascinating country – welcome to SpiceRoads cycle tours in India. From the historical splendor of Rajasthan and the expansive tea plantations of Sikkim, to the raw rugged nature of the Himalayas in Ladakh and the backwaters of Kerala – India is a captivating place of adventure and discovery.
Discover the magic of India’s past as we cycle through Rajasthan – “The Land of Kings”. We ride on rustic rural roads through small villages and explore fascinating historical sites gaining an insight into Rajasthan’s regal past.
* Majestic forts rising out of the landscape scene
* A former residence of the Maharaja
* Visit the famous temples of Brahma and Ranakpur
Explore the north-east as we cycle through India’s least populated state of Sikkim. We ride through beautiful mountains ranges, deep into valleys and past extensive tea plantations. The biodiversity and stunning views make this area heaven for nature lovers.
* Lush green landscapes filled with colourful rhododendrons and orchids
* Ancient monasteries & Tibetan culture
* The famous tea hill station of Darjeeling
Explore northern India as we cycle through the high altitude desert of Ladakh. We ride across mountain passes, along glacier-fed rivers, to remote villages, into valleys and areas famous for winter snow leopard sightings. The landscape is dramatic…….. the mountain views will take your breath away!
* Spectacular gorges along the Zanskar River
* Remote Tibetan villages high in the mountains
* Exhilarating downhill rides & white water rafting
Discover southern India as we ride through Kerala’s rural backwater. We pass through tropical greenery, wildlife reserves and tea and spice plantations. The sea breezes on the coast and cooler temperatures in the highlands make it a lovely area for cycling – living up to its tagline – “God’s Own Country.”
* Wildlife parks known for elephant sightings
* Beautiful heritage hotels, eco-lodges & luxurious converted rice barge
* Fascinating colonial town of Cochin